Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Milestones

The kids are growing.

Brandon has 4 molars coming in and 3 front teeth going out. He graduates Kindergarten in a week. He has learned to read, write, and make friends - all with charm and kindness. I am so very proud of him. He is goofy and wise. He asks questions about the world around us, some that I even have to research to give the correct answer. It can be challenging.

Emily continues to teach me patience each day. She is warm, loving, mature beyond her 4 years, yet babyish at times. She is artistic and imaginative. She also benefits from her older brother's lessons. It seems to be an advantage when she is playing with friends or even conversing with adults. Some consider it cute; I think it is simply amazing.

I was inspired to put down my feelings about the kids after a 2 hour trip to the grocery store yesterday. Each child was pulling a gallon of milk off the shelf and I was repeating my shopping mantra: "No you may not. Please, put that back. Get off the cart. Stop touching everything." As Brandon's gallon jug gently grazed the linoleum floor, a man said, "Lucky you." I laughed, but he repeated himself, "Lucky you". I understood that my chaos was a gift. I am glad to be present.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this is so true. Also, they do grow up fast. Just remember Katie is coming in a few days to help you out. See you all Sunday.

    ReplyDelete