Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Wiser, yes! More mature, no.


I wrote the following last year:
"On another note, I turn 34 tomorrow. In celebration, I drank quite a bit..."

Here we are 1 year later, I turn 35 tomorrow and in celebration, I drank quite a bit. It all started Tuesday last week and hopefully tapers off around Easter. Summer is coming and I need to be in tip top party mode. Practice makes perfect!

I had some time tonight to write this, while I waited for Emily's bloody nose to cease. Mike is home from an overnight to Ukiah, a 6 hour drive both ways, and he got himself a nice food-borne stomach ailment. My library books are 22 days overdue. I have 10 loads of laundry waiting for me. My son is still off track from school and I am fresh out of ideas to keep him entertained. I also got to visit my Ob/gyn today and that was a laugh a minute.

These are not complaints, this is the beauty of being human and having a family. Taking care of my husband and kids while I scrape up some time to celebrate the wonder of life. Along the way today I relished the sun on my face and flowers in bloom. The screams of delight while my kids played with my parents' dogs and their giggles later as they watched a favorite cartoon. I hugged my parents and thanked the powers that be that I could. I made my hubby some tea and toast, hugging him as we comforted our daughter and emptied a box of tissues together.

I turned 35---50 minutes ago. It's gonna be a beautiful day and a very good year!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear Mike is sick. I would send Katie but she has school. Great thoughts about life!

    ReplyDelete